Monday, April 30, 2007

Odds and Ends

The NFL Draft is finally over where the Hogs were selected in the first two rounds, then on Sunday, Keith Jackson Jr. was selected in the 7th round by the Rams. Those signing free-agent deals include Stephen Parker, Sam Olajabutu, Brett Goode and Darius Vinett. Good luck to all those former Hogs.

The Arkansas baseball team is still sitting pretty in the West with a 3 game lead over Ole Miss. But with just 9 games to go in the regular season, they are tied with Vanderbilt for the overall lead. However, the Hogs would own the tie-breaker after their series win over the Commodores earlier this year.

And finally, golf. The Ft. Smith Classic begins play on Thursday. I've covered the event since 2003 and I can't tell you how many players I've seen there that are now on the PGA Tour. The Nationwide is called the third best Tour in the world and once you see these guys in person, you'll agree.