Now That's What I call 'HOOPLA'
Saturday afternoon at Bud Walton Arena, I think former 40/29 sports reporter (now with KATV) Beau McCaslain summed it up best when we were talking about the Arkansas - Florida game: "What a great day to be a razorback fan."
If you were lucky enough to personally witness Saturday's SEC matchup between the Hogs and Gators, to me, this game wasn't even about the two teams duking it out on the court. What makes venues like these so special is the atmosphere, plain and simple.
In front of 20,000 fans that are as passionate as any school out there cheering on their teams, this is what big-time conference basketball is supposed to be. Now granted, watching the Razorbacks manhandle the two-time defending national champs does pour a bit of gasoline on the fire but I was truly taken back by the sights and sounds of Bud Walton Arena.
I can only begin to imagine how it must have been in the mid 90s when Arkansas was on top of the college basketball world. Perhaps the return of those days both in the crowd and on the court aren't as far away as we may think...
Either way, if there's room on your schedule, I highly recommend making it a date on Saturday, February 9th to go see Arkansas play Ole Miss. Because if plays out anything close to what it did today, it's worth the time and effort.
If you were lucky enough to personally witness Saturday's SEC matchup between the Hogs and Gators, to me, this game wasn't even about the two teams duking it out on the court. What makes venues like these so special is the atmosphere, plain and simple.
In front of 20,000 fans that are as passionate as any school out there cheering on their teams, this is what big-time conference basketball is supposed to be. Now granted, watching the Razorbacks manhandle the two-time defending national champs does pour a bit of gasoline on the fire but I was truly taken back by the sights and sounds of Bud Walton Arena.
I can only begin to imagine how it must have been in the mid 90s when Arkansas was on top of the college basketball world. Perhaps the return of those days both in the crowd and on the court aren't as far away as we may think...
Either way, if there's room on your schedule, I highly recommend making it a date on Saturday, February 9th to go see Arkansas play Ole Miss. Because if plays out anything close to what it did today, it's worth the time and effort.

<< Home