Friday, December 07, 2007

Will You Be Our New Coach?

So now we're approaching the third 'official' week of the head coaching search, and unfortunately it appears the university has dug themselves a national public relations hole. The hogs have been officially turned down by a Bowden other than Bobby, and the coach of an ACC school never traditionally known for it's football (Grobe of Wake Forest).

Ok, enough pouring salt on open wounds... where does it go from here? Ahh, it appears we've already moved on to the coordinators (and it's not Malzahn or Herring). According to an article from the Birmingham News, the Hogs are showing interest in Will Muschamp, the defensive coordinator at Auburn.

Well, at least the good news here is when you think about Auburn's success this season, it was definitely more from a defensive standpoint. Maybe I'm biased here because I had to sit through that painfully uneventful grudge match against Arkansas that crammed all the game's excitement into the last 2 minutes.

In the end, I will say this: it's going to work out. (real convincing, eh?) After all, basketball got Pelphrey and I'd take him over Altman or Billy G in a heartbeat. Even the football "greats" like Michigan get turned down so keep it in perspective.