Friday, April 06, 2007

One viewer chimes in on negativity....

Sent to me this morning, thought I would share:

Why not do a story on how much damage to the UA athletic program is being caused by the negativity and disrespect of the so called fans. The disrespect being displayed on the discussion lists is appalling. The attitude of these "fans" would be enough to make any person think twice about becoming a coach here.
Sports is so much more than numbers (rankings,wins/losses) and "big name" coaches.

--- 40/29 viewer

It's a 2-sided coin sometimes ain't it? Message boards and chat rooms can be a wonderful thing. Lots of people with similar interests getting together and sharing stories, complaints, get-togethers, etc. But I watched Dateline: To Catch A Predator last night, and I'm reminded how the internet can be a terrible place as well. Not to compare, but just reinforcing the viewer's point. In the end people, it's all just sports.... and supposed to be entertainment.