Friday, February 09, 2007

Will It Ever Stop!!!!!!!!!!! Wally vs Houston Round 1

President Lyndon B. Johnson once said "If I lose Cronkite, I've lost America". President Johnson was referring to Walter Cronkite, a network news icon who was known as "the most trusted man in America". Cronkite had just wrapped up his national newscast by reflecting on his trip to Vietnam during the Tet offensive. Cronkite called the war unwinnable and said the US should get out. President Johnson lost America, just as he said he would.

In no way am I placing Wally Hall in the same league as Walter Cronkite. Wally would call me an idiot if I did and in no way am I comparing the "Razorbacks Soap Opera" to the Vietnam War. I do however, think Houston Nutt can take heed from President Johnson's statement. Coach Nutt has just lost the editor of the state's largest newspaper and if the trend continues, the state might follow.

In Friday morning's column, Wally lambasted Nutt. With signing day out of the way, Nutt could finally let his guard down so he fired back calling into "The Sh0w With No Name" on 103.7 The Buzz. Wally is a co-host on the show along with Tommy Smith and David Bazzel. It made for some great radio!!! Below are links to Wally's column and the segment featuring Houston vs Wally.


http://nwanews.com/adg/Sports/181358/print/

http://www.kabzfm.com/1037thebuzz/index.htm