Viewer states his frustration...
I get a lot of e-mails about the current situation with the Hog football program. This one was interesting. Keep in mind, it's the VIEWER'S Opinion. :)
I am a lifelong resident of the city of Fayetteville. This past football season is the first that I have really gotten into. The team was excellent and exciting.
The addition of Gus Malzahn was inspired and the recruitment of the Springdale players was a refreshing addition to a team that had, in the past, seemed rather mediocre. The games were nailbiters and showed the SEC that the Hogs could be a formidable team.
However, the drama that has occured post season has done nothing to improve the reputation of the team and the University of Arkansas. It shows the rest of the SEC and the nation that the coaches and , to some extent, the players are NOT a cohesive group. It also shows a complete lack of maturity with everybody involved. It should be an embarrassment to University, the football team and is an embarrassment to the entire state.
I do not know all that much about football. I am by no means an expert who makes hundreds of thousands of dollars to advise about the sport. I do, however, know three things:
1. The offense should not have grass stains on their uniforms.
2. The defense should have grass stains on their uniforms.
3. One does not want the opposing coach to figure out one's game plan.
I realize that this is a very simple explaination of the game. At least I thought it was.
What I do not understand is why this is not painfully obvious to the men who make mulimillions per year to oversee and coach the football team. I feel that Mr.. Broyles and Mr.. Nutt are doing a grave disservice to the young men who are game by game playing to the best of their abilities.
These talented players are not being allowed to develop to their full potential because of the plays that were excuted and worked four decades ago.
I feel that the time has come for Mr.. Broyles to retire and enjoy life with his new wife. I also feel that the future of Mr.. Nutt needs to scrutinized very carefully. If the University of Arkansas wants to have a football program that is consistantly talked with awe and respect, Mr.. Broyles must let the coaches coach without interference and the head coach must let the assistant coaches have more freedom in calling the plays and he concentrate on the big picture. If there is any question on how this works, please talk to John McDonnell. His track team has won so much that it is now a shock if they place anything but first. Is this because Mr.. Broyles has no interest in track and leaves him alone?
I am a lifelong resident of the city of Fayetteville. This past football season is the first that I have really gotten into. The team was excellent and exciting.
The addition of Gus Malzahn was inspired and the recruitment of the Springdale players was a refreshing addition to a team that had, in the past, seemed rather mediocre. The games were nailbiters and showed the SEC that the Hogs could be a formidable team.
However, the drama that has occured post season has done nothing to improve the reputation of the team and the University of Arkansas. It shows the rest of the SEC and the nation that the coaches and , to some extent, the players are NOT a cohesive group. It also shows a complete lack of maturity with everybody involved. It should be an embarrassment to University, the football team and is an embarrassment to the entire state.
I do not know all that much about football. I am by no means an expert who makes hundreds of thousands of dollars to advise about the sport. I do, however, know three things:
1. The offense should not have grass stains on their uniforms.
2. The defense should have grass stains on their uniforms.
3. One does not want the opposing coach to figure out one's game plan.
I realize that this is a very simple explaination of the game. At least I thought it was.
What I do not understand is why this is not painfully obvious to the men who make mulimillions per year to oversee and coach the football team. I feel that Mr.. Broyles and Mr.. Nutt are doing a grave disservice to the young men who are game by game playing to the best of their abilities.
These talented players are not being allowed to develop to their full potential because of the plays that were excuted and worked four decades ago.
I feel that the time has come for Mr.. Broyles to retire and enjoy life with his new wife. I also feel that the future of Mr.. Nutt needs to scrutinized very carefully. If the University of Arkansas wants to have a football program that is consistantly talked with awe and respect, Mr.. Broyles must let the coaches coach without interference and the head coach must let the assistant coaches have more freedom in calling the plays and he concentrate on the big picture. If there is any question on how this works, please talk to John McDonnell. His track team has won so much that it is now a shock if they place anything but first. Is this because Mr.. Broyles has no interest in track and leaves him alone?
<< Home