Saturday, January 20, 2007

Everyone Ready for a New Week

It might be safe to say the U of A has never experienced a week as strange as the last. The five day stretch was no doubt stressful and frustrating for all those involved. Players, coaches, parents, fans, board members, administrators, physical therapists, radio guys, TV guys, print guys and those I have left out are hoping next week is a little more.....well....how about boring.

Or maybe more like Saturday which was far from boring. It was fantastic and the timing could not have been better. For forty minutes, Stan Heath's squad took everyone's mind off the events of last week and handed the 16th ranked Tigers another SEC loss. Steven Hill is out of hand right now. Who said this guy couldn't score? Hill has now hit 20 of his last 22 shots (of course mostly dunks), but he is now a huge offensive threat. Wednesday, the Hogs head to Columbia and Hill will be looking for his third straight career high.

As for last week, I hope those reading have had a chance to take a break from all the drama. Today's ballgame was a nice change of pace, but I'm still looking forward to my days off. Prior to Wednesday's b-ball game, I ran into columnist Harry King. Besides my favorite opiner, Harry is a huge horse racing fan and I asked him how much he was looking forward to Oaklawn's opening day. I would tell you his answer but instead, I let Harry tell you. Just click on the link for his answer.

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2007/01/20/columns/harry_king/012007king.txt

As for myself, I am looking forward to three days in the duck blind. Due to the drama on the hill, last week's trip to the delta was cut short. I'm considering loosing my cell phone along the way!!!!