Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My Favorite Time of Year

I love the fall!!! Mostly because it's hunting season, but also because it's playoff time for the majors. Which means Derek Jeter will be showing why he is the one of the best shortstops to ever play the game. I personally believe he is the best. Why is that? Take a look at his numbers in clutch situations during the regular season and his performance in the post season. It's hard to find another SS that will come close.

Tuesday night was the first night of the playoffs and once again Jeter stole the show. Five for five at the plate and a solo shot in his final plate appearance. That my friends is why A-rod gets booed. It's not because A-rod is no good, he's a future hall of famer. It's because Yankee fans believe Jeter should be the one with the record setting contract. Last night proves their point. The fans have seen it for the last 10 Octobers and if you compare A-Rod's and Jeter's performances at the end of the post season, you might see what all the booing has been about.

For the record: I am not a Yankee fan....I am actually a huge Cardinals fan!!!!!!!!!!! Having said that, How 'bout those redbirds!!!!!!!!! Cards lead the series 1-0