Sunday, September 17, 2006

Music City Musings

Well, just back from watching the Hogs squeek out an oh-so-close game against Vandy.

First off, I've seen junior high stadiums in Texas bigger than "Vanderbilt Stadium", but the weather was perfect and any time you can watch an SEC football game from the sidelines, it's all good.

And by the way, Nashville is one of my favorite cities. So much live music, and I have to admit it, I dig the country stuff. Hey I AM from the South, so, can you blame me?

As for the game, how important was Mitch Mustain? With Darren and Felix contained, he HAD to come through in the passing game, which he did pretty well. I just can't wait to see the progress of Mitch, the offense, and what kind of tricks Gus can come up with. Everyone I have ever talked to that knows Gus well, they all say the same thing. Never, ever underestimate him. The fact is, he's been a winner his whole life, and that's not likely to change.

As for the defense, not bad, not great. It's the same story. Their so thin at linebacker they need the backups to come along in a hurry, and if Sam ever gets hurt, their in a world of hurt. We'll just have to see if they can keep from wearing out in the 4th quarter the rest of the season.

It was fun to be in a winning locker room, but more importantly for these guys to enjoy an SEC road-win, their not easy to come by.

As for my prediction from last week, I was pretty close, saying it would be a 21-14 win by the Hogs.....Almost.

This week...Hmmmm.

I'm going 24-21 Hogs.