Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Aftermath Of Ark.-USC II

My fearless prediction was right in one sense. We're talking about Arkansas as we roll into work from a long Labor Day weekend!

Hey, I don't want to be Mr. Look-On-The-Bright-Side, but USC was just really, really, REALLY good. John David Booty looked like he picked up where Matt Leinart left off. I'm glad the Hogs got this game out of the way because it's clear Coach Nutt is willing to make some adjustments early on.

Mitch Mustain gets the nod as starting QB next week, and I think it's the right move. It's not so much anything negative about Robert Johnson, but Mustain definitely brough a spark to the team. His second drive ended in an interception, but I'm willing to allow a young player with his talent his fair share of mistakes. It will be interesting to see though just how well he does with the score 0-0 instead of 44-14.

I do think Hogs' fans are on the verge of three years of greatness at quarterback, and that prediction isn't fearless at all. I think it's almost a slam-dunk, but that's why they play the games, no?